Ugrás a menühöz.Ugrás a keresődobozhoz.Ugrás a tartalomhoz.



 
310.08 KB
2008-03-31 14:44:52
 Kerecseny - Handbook of Zala county (Zala megye kézikönyve) - Hatvan, CEBA-Hungary Ltd, 1998.jpg
 

image/jpeg
Nyilvános Nyilvános
277
1813
Kerecseny


BASIC INFORMATION
Accessibility: The village of Kerecseny is located 28 km north of Nagykanizsa, not far from the Pacsa-Nagykanizsa road. The nearest railway stations are in Kilimán and Gelse.
Characteristics: The name of the village was first mentioned in written documents in 1255. In 1550 there was a mansion in the village, in 1574 a fort, which was burnt down in 1600. For a century there is no word on the settlement. In the early 18th century Kerecseny started to develop quickly. In 1754 it had a church, and three years later 269 residents. As the soil was very poor, people made a living by grape-production and forestry. There was a significant number of sheep as well. At present the rate of unemployment is 30%, the population of Kerecseny is quite old. There is a library and medical facilities available once a week. 100% of the roads are paved, 90% of the households have piped water, 15% are equipped with telephones. There are two shops and three enterprises, all operating in trade.

This text came from the following book:

Title: Handbook of Zala county (Zala megye kézikönyve)
Series: County handbooks of Hungary (Magyarország megyei kézikönyvei)
Chief editor: Hóbor József
Publisher: (Hatvan), CEBA-Hungary Ltd, 1998
ETO: 908.439.121(035) ; 050.8(439.121)
ISBN: 963-9089-18-2
Pages: 488-1040 p.
Remark: Closed on: 1998. márc. 31.